The London School of Counselling (LSC) is committed to protecting your personal information when you use our services including the LSC website, LSC social media platforms or official LSC content on other websites. This policy describes how LSC uses any personal information that you provide by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence, and in person. LSC is committed to safeguarding your personal information.
LSC may obtain information about you in the following ways:
- When you access, participate in or sign up to any LSC services, activities or online content
- When you apply or enrol for LSC courses,
- When you phone or email LSC
What types of personal data does LSC collect?
- Name, ethnic origin, gender preference and date of birth
- Contact details including postal address, email and phone number
- Your communication preferences
- Prior education level
- Household status and residency status where relevant
- State benefits where relevant
- Disability/learning difficulty information, and support information where relevant
- Records of academic assessment and outcomes
When you visit the LSC website:
When you enquire about LSC services via email and we reply to you via email, we cannot guarantee that your email or our reply is 100% secure. It is important that you understand that no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you wish to send us any documents via email and have any concerns about confidentiality and the data contained within your documents, we are happy for you to password protect your documents before sending them to LSC. You can either provide us with your password in a separate email or over the phone.
Over the phone:
If you choose to make contact asking for a return phone call, LSC may collect information from you as a means to contact you back.
How LSC will use the personal information it collects about you:
By providing LSC with your personal information it will be stored, and may be used by us for any of the following purposes:
- To register you on to one of our courses and give you access to the course materials and video conferencing platform if the course is to be delivered online
- To provide you with information about our courses; application tips; funding advice; and other information that may be relevant to your interests
- For the direct marketing of LSC products and services
- To provide you with invitations to relevant events and reminders or joining details for those events to which you register
- Where the processing enables us to enhance, modify, personalise or otherwise improve our services/communications for the benefit of our customers
- To determine the effectiveness of promotional campaigns and advertising
- To better understand how people interact with our website and social media platforms
- To enhance the security of our network and information systems
- To identify and prevent fraud
We will ask for your consent to send you marketing communications about our products and services and you will be able to unsubscribe from these communications at any point.
How long will LSC retain my personal data?
LSC will hold and process your personal information on our systems only for the purpose for which the data was originally collected unless we have notified you differently, or as long as is set out in any relevant contract you hold with LSC.
We publish LSC information only, however, some customers may kindly give permission for their written testimonials to be read and made available on our website. Should those customers wish in the future for any material available on our marketing sites, to be edited or removed, they should make their request in writing via email.
How will LSC protect my personal data?
LSC have implemented appropriate safeguards to ensure your data is protected. Examples of how we protect your personal data include the following:
- Restricted access rights to all IT systems and social media platforms with processes in place to grant and revoke these rights as necessary
- Firewalls and virus protection in place which are monitored and updated on a systematic basis
- Physical security measures such as access control systems and on-site security and surveillance monitoring systems
- Use of secure off-site data centre with a high level of physical security and back-up procedures in place to protect data
- Business continuity and disaster recovery procedures in place.